Hammocks are useful for more than just lazing in the park or camping. Indoor hammocks have become increasingly popular as a cost-effective and pleasant alternative to standard mattresses in recent years.
We put a few of the best hammock beds for indoor sleeping to the test in this guide. We’ll also go over all of the potential health benefits of sleeping in an indoor hammock and why you should try one out!
Reviews of the Best Indoor Hammocks
The following are some of our top picks for the best indoor sleeping hammocks:
1. BCP Double Hammock with Stand
Buy on Amazon
- Steel stand is included (ready to go right from the box)
- 100% cotton design that is both durable and comfy.
- For two persons, a double wide frame is available.
- Included is a free carrying bag.
The BestChoiceProducts (BCP) Double Hammock will satisfy all of your sleeping requirements. The 100% cotton structure ensures optimal comfort as well as a silky, rich feel. The moment you lie down, you’ll want to drift away!
Aside from its durability and comfort, one of the apparent benefits of this hammock is that it comes with a stand that can support two people. While some of the other hammocks on our list require the purchase of a stand, this one is ready to use right out of the box.
2. Hammock Sky Brazilian Double Hammock
Buy on Amazon
- Cocoon style for “weightless” feel
- Two people can use it.
- Cotton twill weave
- Included is a free carry bag.
- Lifetime warranty
One of the most popular indoor hammock beds on the market is the Hammock Sky Brazilian Double. The quality of this hammock is unrivaled (plus it comes with a lifetime warranty!) because it is woven out of durable, silky cotton fabric.
Aside from quality, you don’t have to give up any comfort in exchange for long-term use. Without a doubt, this hammock is among the most comfortable available. The weightlessness of the Brazilian “Cocoon” form makes it ideal for a good night’s sleep.
3. Sorbus Double Hammock
Buy on Amazon
- Hooks that can be adjusted for the best height position
- The hammock comes with a sturdy, rust-resistant frame.
Sorbus is another well-known brand in the hammock industry, and their double hammock does not disappoint. This model is made of a cotton/polyester blend, which gives it a soft feel and slight stretch for a light, airy feel. This Sorbus is a great choice if you like the feel of polyester but want something a little more durable/breathable.
This hammock comes with a steel stand, which many reviewers said was extremely sturdy and simple to assemble.
Because this is a double hammock, snuggling up with a friend or significant other should be no problem. It’s made of a blend of materials that’s both breathable and comfortable, making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
4. Vivere Double Hammock
Buy on Amazon
- Fabric is quite comfy and breathable/cool.
- Waterproof and quick-drying
- It also comes with a travel case and an easy-to-assemble space-saving frame.
- Warranty period: 12 months
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for a high-end indoor sleeping hammock. The Vivere Double Hammock is one of the greatest hammock beds available, and it is well worth the money.
The fact that this Vivere Hammock is available in multiple models is one of its best features. Cotton is the most affordable fabric, with polyester and sunbrella being substantially more expensive. That said, all of their models are amazing and I have nothing negative to say about any of the three!
The Vivere Double Hammock is a large hammock, so you should not have any problem wrapping yourself up at night or laying around with a friend.
Despite the thick fabric, this hammock maintains a comfortable temperature. The fabric is extremely breathable and may even be worn outside on hot days.
5. NOVICA Handmade Brazilian Hammock
Buy on Amazon
- Hammock artists in Brazil handcraft each one.
- Accents that range from one hammock to the next, giving each one a distinct look and feel
- Feel and design are really soft and elegant.
This NOVICA Handmade Brazilian Hammock is tough to beat if you’re searching for something a little fancier. The hanging decorations are hand-woven by Brazilian craftsmen, giving each hammock its own distinct look and feel. Buyers also get an official NOVICA story card, which verifies the story and authenticity of each hammock.
Given the handcrafted nature of this NOVICA hammock, we strongly advise keeping it indoors. Although the 100% cotton construction is long-lasting, it is not weather or moisture resistant. Of course, if all you want is a hammock bed, this shouldn’t be an issue.
What to Look for in an Indoor Sleeping Hammock
If you don’t see the greatest indoor sleeping hammock for your bedroom in the list above, don’t worry. To choose the right one, you must first assess your requirements. Take your time with the following recommendations to narrow down your choices and choose the best one.
The hanging type of your indoor hammock bed is the next thing to think about. You have the option of hanging or standing your hammock. And here’s what you need to know about these two hang styles:
- Stand – A stand allows you to place your hammock bed wherever inside your home. It also gives you the flexibility of being able to set up your hammock anywhere in less than 15 minutes.
- Anchoring – To make it easier to suspend your hammock indoors, you can use wall or ceiling anchors. However, extra caution should be taken to minimize the potential of damage to users.
There are two types of hammocks that are suited for indoor beds. The first are hammocks in the shape of a bed, and the second are hammocks in the shape of a cocoon.
- Bed-style hammocks – These hammocks have a spreader bar on each end, which creates a larger, flatter surface. This forms a mattress-like structure that can accommodate two or more people. The issue with bed-style hammock beds is that they are prone to tipping over. When users move around on the hammock, the spreader bars make it easy to flip and lose position.
- Cocoon-style hammocks – They are the most common type available in the marketplace. They come in a variety of flavors, including Brazilian, Mayan, Nicaraguan, and others. They do, however, all have a large cloth base that wraps around and envelops people.
As a result, sleeping in a cocoon-style hammock is more pleasant and stable.
When purchasing an indoor hammock bed, the first thing to consider is the materials and structure, since they will have a big impact on the overall performance, namely:
- Comfort – Soft materials, such as cotton and quilted fabric, provide the maximum in comfort and support to users. People also like how well these fabric-based products support them.
- Durability – Fabric-based materials tend to endure longer than materials with a high percentage of nylon. It doesn’t imply you should buy a polyester hammock, but a comfortable hammock with long-lasting polyester ropes is preferable.
- Temperature – The material you choose is determined by your climate and temperature. A cotton hammock with a stronger weave can keep you warm at night. In the meanwhile, for frigid weather, a breathable polyester hammock with an under quilt is the ideal option.
Another crucial consideration while buying a hammock bed is the capacity. The maximum capacity of a hammock should be taken into consideration.
A single-use hammock can usually hold up to 250 pounds. A two-person model, on the other hand, can hold up to 450 pounds or more. Before purchasing a hammock bed, make sure to read the product description attentively to determine its capacity.
The buying guide and the five recommended indoor hammock beds should be more than enough to help you choose one for your bedroom. The best indoor hammock for sleeping should be comfortable, long-lasting, and simple to assemble. Remember to put your demands first before choosing a product.