The addition of boho style hammocks to your yard will undoubtedly bring a sense of elegance. While we may not be able to recline on the beach in Bali, we can still unwind with a cocktail in hand and a sunset on the horizon.
Amazon has a huge selection of garden hammocks, with everything from classic coastal stripes to bohemian fringe. We’ve listed our top options and added a buying guide below, too.
Top Boho Style Hammocks
Check out our top picks below:
1. Original Pawley’s Island Large Meadow DuraCord Rope Hammock
Buy on Amazon
You probably picture palm trees, a margarita, and a classic rope hammock with a white lattice design when you think of a tropical holiday. If you look closely at the brand of that hammock, you’ll probably notice Pawley’s Island, a brand that is nearly synonymous with the style due to the quality and durability of their hammocks.
Pawley’s Island has released a DuraCord version of its original cotton rope hammock, which extends the product’s life even more. The synthetic blend combines the comfort of cotton with the weather resistance of polyester—in fact, all sections of the hammock are protected from rot, mold, mildew, and rust with marine-grade varnish or zinc. Furthermore, the oak spreader bar is inherently rot- and insect-resistant.
2. Yellow Leaf Signature Hammock
Buy on Amazon
Most rope hammocks come with a free, annoying tattoo—that waffle imprint left where gaps meet gravity. Not the Yellow Leaf though. Their triple-weave design combines 150,000 ultra-soft loops for a weightless embrace.
Furthermore, unlike cotton hammocks, the weather-resistant fabrics allow you to leave the hammock outside without concern of mold or mildew growing. It’s also extremely adaptable, as it may be stretched between trees or on a hammock stand (sold separately). This comfortable hammock is available in a variety of colors and personalization options, and each one is handcrafted and signed by the weaver.
3. Lazy Daze Hanging Rope Hammock Chair
Buy on Amazon
Unlike some porch hammocks, which keep you horizontally cocooned, the Lazy Daze hanging rope hammock allows you to sit up straight and enjoy the scenery while relaxing. You’ll also appreciate how the hammock’s neutral cotton canvas blends in with any setting, including most interiors. Those considering hanging it outside will appreciate how easy it is to clean.
4. Flber Macramé Bohemian Hammock
Buy on Amazon
The Flber Macramé Bohemian Hammock is a one-of-a-kind indoor hammock that will give a touch of boho charm to any area. The hammock is largely comprised of a cotton and polyester blend. The broad hammock surface provides a relaxing or sleeping environment. The hammock’s attractive appearance is enhanced by rope fringe and hand-crafted knots.
Hanging this Flber hammock is a breeze. It does not, however, come with a stand. You’ll need to buy your own stand or hang this hammock from anchor points on your home’s walls or ceiling.
5. Vivere Double Cotton Hammock
Buy on Amazon
The Vivere Double Cotton Hammock has a stand and is a colorful, comfortable inside hammock. The supplied stand is sturdy and long-lasting. It’s made of heavy-duty steel, so you can be sure it’ll last for years even if you use it a lot. The stand is, however, relatively light. It takes only a few minutes to assemble and disassemble for easy storage.
The hammock itself is large enough to accommodate two individuals at once. It’s constructed of cotton and has polyester end strings for added durability. Whether you’re using it alone or with someone else, the Brazilian style design ensures a comfortable lay.
Hammocks Buyer’s Guide
Don’t get me wrong: all six of the bohemian style hammocks we’ve evaluated are fantastic, but they’re not for everyone.
In order to choose the greatest bohemian hammock for you, you must first evaluate your needs and preferences. Taking a few moments to think about the following considerations will help you decide which of our top-rated indoor hammocks to buy.
You can choose from a wide range of indoor hammock styles. Among the most well-known are:
- Portable – A portable outdoor hammock, such as one used for camping or backpacking, can be used indoors, especially if you want something that’s quick and simple to set up and take down.
- Hammock Chair – A hammock chair is a unique seating option for your indoor hangout place because it is designed for sitting rather than lying down.
- Hammock Bed – Bed-style variants are the most expansive, with spreader bars at each end to produce a larger, flatter sleeping area.
- Cocoon – A cocoon hammock, like portable hammocks, comes in a variety of styles, including Brazilian, Mayan, and Nicaraguan hammocks. They have a large fabric foundation that you wrap around yourself securely while wearing them.
- Rope — This form of hammock is made of rope and is arguably the least comfortable, but it is a trendy option for indoor use.
Keep in mind that the style of hammock you choose has a significant impact on its overall comfort, durability, versatility, and other factors.
Materials and Construction
The materials and construction of your indoor hammock have a variety of effects on its overall effectiveness, including:
- Durability — Certain materials, particularly high-denier nylon, are far more robust than others, allowing your new indoor hammock to last considerably longer.
- Most users think that larger, more spacious hammocks with additional fabric are the most comfortable to wrap yourself in.
- Temperature – On cold days, a thicker hammock will keep you warmer, while on hot days, a thinner hammock will keep you cooler. You can even go for a breathable type and then add an underquilt for extra warmth when it becomes colder.
- Hang Type – An indoor hammock can be hung in one of two ways. A hammock stand or wall anchors can be used.
- Wall Anchors – To hang your hammock indoors, use wall anchors. To create a safe hang that won’t damage your home or endanger people, more caution must be taken.
- Stand – A hammock stand comfortably supports a hammock without requiring any home alterations. Most can be dismantled and reassembled in about 15 minutes.
- Ceiling Anchors – For a unique hang, suspend a hammock from the ceiling. Alternatively, suspend one end from the ceiling and the other from a wall. To avoid harm or damage, it’s critical to guarantee suitable anchor points once more.
When utilizing interior wall or ceiling anchors, keep in mind that it’s critical to hang a hammock appropriately. You must guarantee that the anchors are not just fastened to a wall stud, ceiling joist, or other structural element, but that the anchor and structural element can resist the total weight of the hammock and all users (oftentimes up to or exceeding 1,000 pounds of force).
A wall plate fashioned from a 2×6 piece of timber (connected to the wall stud at multiple spots) is commonly required to spread the load while hanging a hammock from walls. Ceiling joists are often superior anchor points for such big loads and require fewer adjustments.
The majority of indoor hammocks can support at least 250 pounds. Two-person models, on the other hand, can typically support 450 pounds or more. Before purchasing a hammock, check sure it has the maximum capacity to hold the weight you intend to use it for.
Many indoor hammocks include unique characteristics that make them even more comfortable or convenient to use. Among the most well-known are:
- Spreader Bars — These bars, which are located on each end of the hammock, spread out the hammock material to provide a more spacious, bed-like surface to rest on.
- Pillow — Having a built-in pillow on one or both sides of your hammock increases comfort by providing a suitable location to rest your head.
- Storage Pocket – A little pocket situated on the inner of a hammock that provides a convenient location to store vital goods such as your smartphone while laying in it.
It should be noted that these are only the tip of the iceberg in terms of particular features for indoor hammocks.
You should now have all of the information you need to choose the best indoor hammock for your needs. Keep in mind that you want a hammock that is not only comfortable and relaxing, but also comes with a hammock stand or another simple way to hang it indoors without causing harm.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions about buying the best indoor hammock!